Study in USA: Knight-Hennessy scholarship at Stanford University | 2023
If your dream is to Study in the USA, then consider the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship at Stanford University for 2023/2024. The Scholarship program accepts application for all courses offered by Stanford University. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars has no restrictions based on age, college or university, field of study, or career aspiration. Citizens and residents of all countries are encouraged to apply.
Knight-Hennessy scholars receive funding for up to three years for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford. This funding applies to the degree(s) to which scholars are preparing to enroll at the time of scholar selection. The funding covers tuition and other associated fees for up to three (3) years.
About Stanford University | Study in USA
Stanford University is a private research University located in Stanford, California, USA. The University ranks as #2 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021, and number #1 University in California, USA according to the 2021 uniRank. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. SU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aids and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses and distance learning opportunities, as well as administrative services.
Study in USA: Knight-Hennessy Scholarship at Stanford University | 2023
Knight-Hennessy scholars receive funding for up to three years for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford. This funding applies to the degree(s) to which scholars are preparing to enroll at the time of scholar selection.
During each of the first three years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy scholars receive several types of funding:
- A fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- A stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- A travel stipend intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford
Additional funding specific to certain years:
- Newly enrolling scholars receive a one-time relocation stipend intended to offset some of the costs associated with relocation to the area and/or technology purchases.
- Scholars in their second and third years may apply for supplemental funds to support academic enrichment activities (e.g., conference travel).
Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS) provides funding for the degree program listed in the initial KHS admission letter. Scholars who wish to enroll in an additional graduate program may apply to KHS to receive additional funding up to the maximum of three years.
If a scholar is admitted to a degree program that exceeds three years — such as an MD, PhD, or Stanford dual- or joint-degree program — then funding is based on the graduate degree program’s standard funding commitment.
Application opens on July 1, 2022 and Ends on October, 12, 2022.
How to Apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship at Stanford University | 2023
To apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford, candidates must have applied to and be accepted into a Stanford graduate degree program. That is, you must submit two separate applications; one to Knight-Hennessy Scholars, and one to your desired Stanford graduate degree program.
Applying to a Stanford Graduate Degree Program
- Check Admission and program-specific requirements to be sure you are eligible
- Prepare Application documents
- Complete the Online Application and pay the non-refundable application fee (if applicable)
- Upload supporting documents
- Monitor the application status in your student portal for admission decision
Required Documents for Stanford Graduate Degree Programs
- Online Application form
- Transcripts & Test Scores
- Recommendation Letters
- Essays/Personal Statements – Read more …
Applying to the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship
- Step 1: Create your two online applications as early as possible. You do not need to complete the application at once; you may save your progress and return as needed.
- Step 2: Enter your recommenders’ information in your two applications as early as possible. This allows your recommenders ample time to submit their letters.
- Step 3: Complete the various sections of the application, saving your progress as you go. Allow yourself ample time to prepare materials that may take longer to prepare, such as essays or personal statements.
- Step 4: Submit the online applications by their respective deadlines. (Note: You will not be able to edit your KHS application once you submit it, with the exception of test scores, recommenders, and your intended Stanford graduate degree program)
- Step 5: If your Stanford graduate program requires test scores and you receive new scores after submitting your KHS application, update test scores for Knight-Hennessy Scholars through your application status page.
Required Documents for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship
- Online Application
- Transcripts & Test Scores
- Recommendation Letters
- Short Answers & Essay
Eligibility Requirement for the the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship
You must meet at least one of the following four conditions:
- You are applying separately but concurrently to KHS and a full-time Stanford graduate degree program such that you will start both in the same year.
- You have already been offered and deferred admission to a full-time Stanford graduate degree program, and will apply to KHS such that you will start both in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford graduate student who will apply to add a second full-time Stanford graduate degree program, such that you will start both KHS and the new program in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford PhD student in your first year of enrollment, and will apply to KHS such that you will start KHS in your second year of PhD enrollment.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MASTER’S & PhD SCHOLARSHIPS: Edu Abroad
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this funding package, a candidate must apply and be admitted into the graduate program. See: How to Apply for Scholarships in Canada for useful tips on how to apply.
- Supporting Documents: Prospective applicants must prepare their documents such as academic transcripts and diplomas, academic references, resume and statement of intent. Check the Required documents for graduate school applications
- Admission Requirements: Eligible applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements. Note that admission into the program is competitive, and meeting the minimum requirements is no guarantee of being admitted into the program. See our Guide on Applying to Schools Abroad with Scholarships.
- Study in Germany for Free: DAAD International Student Scholarships – 2023 | Fully Funded
- Fully Funded Wellington Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand 2022-23
- Study in Canada: Fully Funded McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill University | 2022-23
- Study in UK: Rhodes Scholarship 2023 for International Students
- Fully-Funded Geography Scholarships for Master’s & PhD at UBC
- Geography Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan
- 6 Easy Steps to Apply for Scholarships in Canada: A 2022 Guide
- Writing a Strong Statement of Purpose for Graduate School Application
- Contacting a Potential Supervisor for Graduate School Application: Tips & Tricks