Study in UK: Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2022 / 2023 | University of Manchester
If you are considering to study in the UK, then consider applying for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2023 at The University of Manchester. The Award includes 3.5 year fully-funded studentship, tuition fees at international rate and annual minimum maintenance stipend of £16,062 per year for your living costs, which is paid in regular instalments and a £1000 Research Training Support Grant per year.
About The University of Manchester | Study in UK
The University of Manchester ranks as the 23rd most international university in the world, according to Times Higher Education, 2021. The University ranks 35th in research quality in the 2021 Academic ranking of World Universities, and 27th in the QS World Ranking. Manchester University also ranked seventh in Europe in the 2018 Reuters Top 100 Most Innovative Universities.
The University of Manchester is recognized as a global powerhouse of research, with 93% of the University’s research activity assessed as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in the Research Excellence Framework (REF), 2021. And more than nine out of ten of the University’s recent graduates go straight into employment or continued studies.
The University offers the opportunity for Higher Education, with excellent research opportunities for international students as well.
About the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2023 at The University of Manchester
Type of award
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
Fully funded award includes:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate (stipend of £16,062 per year for your living costs, which is paid in regular instalments).
- £1000 Research Training Support Grant per year
- 3.5 years
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Full-time Postgraduate research
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science
- Civil Engineering
- Coatings and Ceramics
- Computer Science
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Fashion Management and Marketing
- Imaging and Characterization
- Management of Projects in Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy and Corrosion
- Nano and Functional Materials
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy
- Polymers and Composites
- Textiles and Apparel
To be considered for this award you must:
- Hold an offer to start a PhD programme in September 2023. Candidates who don’t yet have an academic offer should get in touch with Faculty admissions team to discuss how to best progress a PhD application in time for the funding deadline. See ‘useful links’ for contacts.
- Hold (or be about to obtain) a first class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally hold a master’s qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent)
Other eligibility criteria
Applicants must hold an offer of study at The University of Manchester before applying for this funding.
Candidates must also:
- meet English language entry requirements as specified by the Department that you are applying to;
- have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications / articles, promoting your research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
The University will only consider candidates who hold a formal offer for a place on one of the PhD programs.
Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships operate on a nomination basis. Your supervisor will nominate you for consideration by the Faculty and in order to be considered, you must hold an offer for a place on one of our PhD programmes.
It is therefore essential that you apply for a place on the PhD programme of your choice as early as possible and that you specify in the funding section of your application form that you wish to be considered for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship funding.
Full details of our research projects can be found on the relevant Department web pages as well as information on how to apply for our PhD programmes.
The next deadline for nominations is 27 May, 2023 but you should be in contact with the Department at least 2-3 weeks in advance of this as they have internal processes and deadlines to follow.
All shortlisted candidates will be invited to be interviewed by the Faculty DDS Panel.
Candidates will be notified by email.
Interviews for this recruitment cycle will be conducted via Zoom.
The Faculty DDS Panel will assess interviewees based on their DDS nomination form, a short verbal presentation and interview questions.
Study in UK: Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2023 | University of Manchester
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online application form to apply for a postgraduate research program at The University of Manchester. Check program deadline, if there is any.
- Choose and make contact with your potential supervisor.
- Gather evidence of prior academic qualifications, such as certificates or transcripts to show that you meet, or expect to meet the entry requirements.
- Provide evidence of English language ability, if English is not your first language
- Obtain two references.
- Prepare a research proposal/piece of academic writing, if required. This will be specified on the relevant academic School website.
- Make a copy of your passport, if you will need a visa to study in the UK.
- Prepare a personal statement/statement of purpose, if required. This will be specified on the relevant academic School website.
- Prepare your CV – this is required for certain funded or project-linked awards.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MASTER’S & PhD SCHOLARSHIPS: Edu Abroad
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this funding package, a candidate must apply and be admitted into the graduate program. See: How to Apply for Scholarships in Canada for useful tips on how to apply.
- Supporting Documents: Prospective applicants must prepare their documents such as academic transcripts and diplomas, academic references, resume and statement of intent. Check the Required documents for graduate school applications
- Admission Requirements: Eligible applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements. Note that admission into the program is competitive, and meeting the minimum requirements is no guarantee of being admitted into the program. See our Guide on Applying to Schools Abroad with Scholarships.
- Study in Germany for Free: DAAD International Student Scholarships – 2023 | Fully Funded
- Fully Funded Wellington Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand 2022-23
- Study in Canada: Fully Funded McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill University | 2022-23
- Study in UK: Rhodes Scholarship 2023 for International Students
- Fully-Funded Geography Scholarships for Master’s & PhD at UBC
- Geography Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan
- 6 Easy Steps to Apply for Scholarships in Canada: A 2022 Guide
- Writing a Strong Statement of Purpose for Graduate School Application
- Contacting a Potential Supervisor for Graduate School Application: Tips & Tricks