Fully Funded Wellington Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand 2022-23
The Fully Funded Wellington Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand 2022-23 offers the opportunity for both international and domestic students to pursue doctoral studies at the Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand. The scholarship covers tuitions plus $27,500 stipend annually. Approximately 110 per year scholarships are awarded to successful applicants to pursue doctoral studies in different areas of study.
To encourage postgraduate research Victoria University of Wellington offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies. These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline.
These scholarships are intended to encourage and support doctoral study (PhD) at Victoria University of Wellington.
About Victoria University of Wellington
Victoria University of Wellington ranks as New Zealand’s number one university for intensity of high-quality research and consistently rank among the world’s best universities.
The University is committed to providing a high-quality research-led learning and teaching environment and to reward and celebrate excellence in all its forms. There are around 2,330 full-time equivalent staff and close to 1,150 of those are involved in teaching and research. About half the academic staff were born outside New Zealand.
Victoria University of Wellington is a capital city university with strong global engagement. The university works in partnership with universities and organizations around the world for the benefit of students, researchers, and communities. Wellington is the safest city in New Zealand and ranks #7 in the world, making it a good place to study.
Victoria University of Wellington awards more than NZ$12 million in scholarships each year, including scholarships for international students. As a result, international students are welcome to apply and be considered for scholarships to complete their studies.
Fully Funded Wellington Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand 2022-23
Eligibility Requirements of the Doctoral Scholarship at University of Victoria
These scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to enrol full time for a Doctorate (PhD) or who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University of Wellington. Please note: It is very important to refer to the website for regulations and further process requirements regarding an application for this scholarship.
The scholarships are offered to the top ranked candidates in any Doctoral admission and scholarship application round throughout the year.
- To be considered for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship the applicant must have a strong academic record and excellent academic references, or:
- demonstrated potential for high quality research; or
- a record of publication in high quality journals commensurate with experience and education.
- Other considerations may be taken into account such as the alignment between the applicant’s research interests and those of the School, Institute or Centre. Strategic interests including collaboration between institutions or research involving potential joint initiatives with the research and business communities may also be factors in determining offers of scholarship.
Scholarship Value and Benefits of the Fully Funded Wellington Doctoral Scholarship: 2022-23
These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline. The scholarship covers:
- Full tuition fees for the length of the PhD program
- $27,500 per annum stipend for up to three years (which is usually the length of PhD programs at Wellington)
- Access to top-notch facilities and faculty
Study area(s): Architecture; Business; Design; Education; Engineering; Health; Humanities; Law; Music; Technology; Science
Regulations and Conditions of the Wellington Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand 2022-23
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm NZ time on the closing date.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Fully Funded Wellington Doctoral Scholarship
- Applications are submitted via the University’s official website
- Application must be complete: submit all required documents … Read more
- Complete the online application form and submit before the deadline
- Wait for scholarship decision, which would be sent within six to eight weeks from the application deadline.
Deadlines for the Wellington Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand 2022-23
Three rounds each year closing 1 March, 1 July and 1 November.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MASTER’S & PhD SCHOLARSHIPS: Edu Abroad
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this funding package, a candidate must apply and be admitted into the graduate program. See: How to Apply for Scholarships in Canada for useful tips on how to apply.
- Supporting Documents: Prospective applicants must prepare their documents such as academic transcripts and diplomas, academic references, resume and statement of intent. Check the Required documents for graduate school applications
- Admission Requirements: Eligible applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements. Note that admission into the program is competitive, and meeting the minimum requirements is no guarantee of being admitted into the program. See our Guide on Applying to Schools Abroad with Scholarships.
- Study in UK: Rhodes Scholarship 2023 for International Students
- Fully-Funded Geography Scholarships for Master’s & PhD at UBC
- Geography Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan
- 6 Easy Steps to Apply for Scholarships in Canada: A 2022 Guide
- Writing a Strong Statement of Purpose for Graduate School Application
- Contacting a Potential Supervisor for Graduate School Application: Tips & Tricks