Study in UK: Rhodes Scholarship 2023 for International Students
Study in UK: Rhodes Scholarship 2023 for International Students is awarded by the Rhodes Trust to deserving and talented students to pursue postgraduate programs at the University of Oxford. The scholarship is fully funded for full time postgraduate studies which enables young talents from around the world to study at one of the most prestigious Universities in the World.
Rhodes Scholars come to the UK for two or more years and can apply to study most full-time postgraduate courses offered by Oxford University.
About the Rhodes Scholarship: Study in UK
The Rhodes Scholarship was first established in 1902 through the Will of Cecil John Rhodes. The aim was to identify young leaders from all parts of the world, who through the pursuit of higher education at Oxford, would attain the needed and requisite skills.
Rhodes Scholarship’s reputation as the world’s most distinguished academic scholarship rests not on the controversial life of the founder Cecil Rhodes, but on the enormous contributions its Scholars have made to the world, and the qualities sought in a Rhodes Scholar – intellectual distinction combined with concern for others, energy to lead, and a focus on public service – remain as compelling as they were over a century ago. Each year, the Rhodes Trust provides 100 full funded scholarships to International students from all over the world.
The University of Oxford is one of the most prestigious Universities in the world, ranking #1 in the top 10 universities in the UK and #2 in the QS Global Rankings 2022. The university continues to be one of the world’s top university for teaching, learning and research.
Rhodes Scholarship Value
Rhodes Scholars have access to full funded scholarship to study at the University of Oxford, UK. The scholarship covers the following costs:
- Oxford University tuition fees
- University of Oxford application fees
- Rhodes Scholarship stipend of £17,310 per annum (£1,442.50 per month)
- Student Visa application fees
- International Health Insurance
- Two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
- Scholars receive a settling in allowance
Eligibility Requirement of the Rhodes Scholarship 2023 for International Students: Study in UK
- Applicants must apply for one of eligible constituencies for the scholarship
- The eligibility criteria for the Rhodes Scholarships vary depending on which constituency you are applying for.
- West Africa: You must be a citizen of one of the following countries –
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
- Have been resident in one or more of the countries from your constituency for at least five of the last ten years
- Be at least 18 years on 1 October 2022
- Have completed, or will have completed by July 2023, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background and grade that is a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent which meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of your chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford.
- Applicants from the West Africa Constituency must meet the English Language proficiency requirements of the University of Oxford.
NB: The application requirements vary depending on the constituency and country of application. See the specific requirements for your constituency or country here.
How to Apply for the Rhodes Scholarship 2023 for International Students
The application process and requirements vary depending on the country or constituency applicants are applying for. As a result, applicants must visit the official website and read the requirements and application procedure for their country.
Deadlines also vary by country. Be sure to apply before the deadline for your country.
See the eligible countries here.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MASTER’S & PhD SCHOLARSHIPS
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this funding package, a candidate must apply and be admitted into the graduate program. See: How to Apply for Scholarships in Canada for useful tips on how to apply.
- Supporting Documents: Prospective applicants must prepare their documents such as academic transcripts and diplomas, academic references, resume and statement of intent. Check the Required documents for graduate school applications
- Admission Requirements: Eligible applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements. Note that admission into the program is competitive, and meeting the minimum requirements is no guarantee of being admitted into the program. See our Guide on Applying to Schools Abroad with Scholarships.
- Fully-Funded Geography Scholarships for Master’s & PhD at UBC
- Geography Scholarships at University of Saskatchewan
- 6 Easy Steps to Apply for Scholarships in Canada: A 2022 Guide
- Writing a Strong Statement of Purpose for Graduate School Application
- Contacting a Potential Supervisor for Graduate School Application: Tips & Tricks