Computer Science Scholarship at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada 2023.
The University of British Columbia (UBC), Okanagan Campus, Canada is offering scholarships for both Master of Science (MSc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Computer Science for Winter (January) 2023 entry.
The program is fully funded for its defined length, and is designed to provide financial support for strong candidates who are going to pursue the Master of Science degree and PhD in Computer Science at the institutions.
The University of British Columbia, since its establishment in 1915, has served as a world-class institution for research, teaching and learning. The institution is highly ranked in Canada and the global ranking system– ranking among the top three Universities in Canada, and among the top 20 public universities globally.
Why Study at the University of British Columbia? The University offers an inclusive opportunity to over 65,000 students from Canada and more than 140 countries globally. Being one of the top research Universities in the world, the University of British Columbia continues to welcome innovations and alter ideas into an accomplishment. The University of British Columbia is dedicated to awarding deserving students from around the world through scholarships, awards and other forms of financial support to international students.
Computer Science Scholarship at UBC, Canada 2023
Why Computer Science at UBC?
UBC Okanagan’s Computer Science program offers first tier research-based degrees to its students. The department’s research-based Master of Science (MSc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs offer students with theoretical, practical and analytical experience to apply scientific results to problems in the real world. On top of that, the program is funded for the defined length and scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to deserving students.
Master of Science – The MSc program offers two options for graduate students; a Thesis Option focused on conducting research in Computer Science; and a Project Option that involves completing a major project. The expected duration of the program is two years full-time.
Doctor of Philosophy – The PhD program in Computer Science offers a 4 years full-time degree that involves coursework and dissertation.
- January 2023 Admission – June 1, 2021
- September 2023 Admission – January 10, 2023
Tuition for International Students
- MSc: $8,776.74 (per year)
- PhD: $8,776.74 (per year)
Funding/Scholarship Opportunities and Eligibility
The Department of Computer Science offers funding & scholarship opportunities and assistantships (paid Research and Teaching Assistantships) to successful applicants and qualified students. Note that the funding and scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
- MSc: $17,500 minimum funding per year for two years duration
- PhD: $18,000 minimum funding per year for four years duration
Successful applicants will be automatically considered for the Scholarships.
Admission Requirements for Computer Science Scholarship at UBC, Canada 2023
MSc Requirements: an academic equivalent of four years undergraduate full-time studies in Computer or related field (minimum of B+ or 76% in last 2 years) in an appropriate area of study. An English proficiency test if English is not the primary medium of instruction from previous studies.
PhD Requirements: Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of B+ or 76% Average; strong research skills and English proficiency test if English is not the primary medium of instruction from previous studies.
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this funding package, a candidate must apply and be admitted into the graduate program. See: How to Apply for Scholarships in Canada
- Supporting Documents: Prospective applicants must prepare their documents such as academic transcripts and diplomas, academic references, resume and statement of purpose. Check the Required documents for graduate school applications here
- Admission Requirements: Eligible applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements. Note that admission into the program is competitive, and meeting the minimum requirements is no guarantee of being admitted into the program.
- Want to study Abroad with Scholarship? Why you should consider Canada & U.S. in 2022
- How to Apply to Schools Abroad with Scholarship: A Guide
- How to Apply to Schools Abroad with Scholarships: School Selection Guide
- Starting your Graduate Studies Application: The Tips & Tricks
- Required Documents for Graduate Studies Application
- Writing a Strong Statement of Purpose for Graduate School Application
- Tips on How to Find A Potential Supervisor for Graduate School Application
- Contacting a Potential Supervisor for Graduate School Application: Tips & Tricks